BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No snap points when trying to split

Anyone else see this? I find my self unable to find nodes when I think there should be one. One situation is in 3d when I try to split something. It does split at the node if you happen to be on it with the cursor but it does not display the node points so you can see where you want to split it.

In a 3d view, try to split a wall or something at the center or special snap point. I can't see them. They are visible if I can select the wall but don't show up when I am trying to split it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Seems intermittent.
I selected a wall to split but couldn't activate the special snaps after I selected the split tool - I could only activate them before I activated the split tool.
So I split the wall at a random point.
Then the remaining portions worked fine and I could activate special snaps after the split tool was active.
I undid back to the original wall and still had the same problem.

Drew a new wall in 3D, selected it, activated the split tool and the special snaps worked on that wall, but not the first wall.

I panned in 3D and then the first wall started working as expected.
Drew a new wall in plan and viewed it in 3D.
Same problem as the first wall - no special snaps after activating the split tool.
I panned to the side a bit and then they started working.

So panning slightly seems to be the trigger to make it work.
It's annoying that we have to do that.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
another example of missing nodes would be this.

There are times when I need to use that node and it's missing.

I should say, not being displayed. Perhaps there is some reason?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been getting some odd node detection and smart cursor behavior in 3D. The check mark flickers a lot and I really don't like to click if I haven't got a steady lock on the point or edge. It also seems that the 3D grid blocks detection of some nodes. For example I'll lose center points when the grid is in the way but can get them back when I orbit around or change the grid.
Erich
Contributor
I've seen some of the same behaviour and am also getting difficulty getting objects to select without orbiting around to a different view point in 3D.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!