Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Not pasting after copy [Teamwork]

Anna Veselkova
Contributor

Hello, I have Archicad 26 since November and now, after coming from holidays, this issue came out. When I copy some element, even a simple slab, after pasting in another floor, it shows "The clipboard is empty, use cut or copy!" After pasting multiple times, it sometimes paste 2D version for the element (polyline rectangle for the slab), and very few times it pastes the real copy.

The file I am working on is relatively big, it is on teamwork, uploaded on our company server. I have over 220 GB of free memory on my pc.

But... in task manager it signals very high consumption of energy by Archicad (when working on mesh terrain and freezing for several minutes it is very high as well). So, it is possible that the problem is with my computer power rather than with Archicad 26 itself? Is the only way to fix this problem to buy better pc or improve energy supply (my deductions only)? Or am I wrong? Thank you for your help and advices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anna Veselkova
Contributor

Hello, later I wasn't able to copy anywhere and it seemed suspicious to me. Turn out to be a hidden virus.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Anna Veselkova
Contributor

Hello, later I wasn't able to copy anywhere and it seemed suspicious to me. Turn out to be a hidden virus.

David Collins
Advocate

Are you using keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste and do you sometimes work with a Cyrillic alphabet? Starting Archicad with the Cyrillic keyboard active will disable all the keyboard shortcuts. Restarting Archicad with English keyboard active will restore them. After that you can work with Cyrillic in Archicad without problems. This has been an issue for years.

David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)