BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Not understanding 3d representation and MVO

Anonymous
Not applicable
I started using Archicad a little the last month, and managed to build a very rough version of my house. However, in 3d view and photo renders, all the objects like doors and windows were either a flat generic solid color, or wireframes. I was pulling my hair out until I came across a post where someone said you have to change the 3d representation from MVO to full.

This is extremely confusing to me.. it seems I have to dig through every individual objects menu to change the 3d representation in order to view it properly in any 3d view. Surely I'm not understanding something?
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
MVO settings can be modified at the following:
Document => Model View => Model View Options... => [Relevant MVO] => Detail Level of Door, Window and Skylight Symbols => 3D and Section / Elevation => Full

This dialogue can also be accessed from the bottom of your model window by clicking on the two squares inside of each other. Clicking on the text next to this icon will allow you to select which MVO preset you wish to use.

Unless you have special instances, you should leave the 3D Detail Level setting within your objects to "by MVO"

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
James HC
Contributor

MVO.JPG

Learn and get certified!