BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object 2d orientation in schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am working with the Wall Mounted Air Conditioner 20 but when I schedule it it comes in 90 degrees to everything else. I can't seem to rotate it so I am assuming there is some GDL coding that makes it sit this way. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I edit the GDL to make it horizontal instead of vertical?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
This is because that object was scripted at that angle - so it is appears at 90° to other objects.
When place in the schedule it will appear as it was scripted.

You can change this by adding this at the beginning of the 2D script ...
if GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE = 2 then
	ROT2 -90
endif
This forces the object to rotate back if viewed in a schedule.
It won't affect the plan or 3D model.

However you will be best to work on a copy of the object (i.e. "Save As" with a new name) otherwise any changes you make will be undone if every you update the GS library.
Plus the GS library is in an LCF (Library Container File) which you will have to open if you want to change the original.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
naomihansen
Booster
Hi Barry,

I found your similar response to a similar problem from many years ago (regarding object rotation in schedules for electrical symbols). I'm trying to implement one of your solutions, but I can't find a way to edit the SD script. I tried extracting the object, placing it in a local file, and reloading it into my library, but even this copy of it shows a blank page on the 2D script section of the GDL editor. Any tips on how to override this and gain access to editing the script?

Thanks
Naomi Hansen
Naomi Hansen
Terry & Terry Architecture

Running AC27 build 4001 USA on Mac OS14.1.2
Lingwisyer
Guru
The object probably uses a Call in the Master Script... I'm assuming you would be able to just add the modification to the empty 2D and the called script would be executed after. If not, you can highlight the name of the called script and Open Object from that then relink your modification back out.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
If the 2D script is empty then that means the object is not scripted but simply lines and fills in the '2D Symbol' window.

Or it could be a CALL as Ling suggested - but with electrical symbols i have seen, many are just drawn in the 2D symbol window.

As soon as you add anything to the 2D script it will no longer use the 2D symbol and it will require a proper script.

You could just rotate the lines/fills I the 2D symbol window - but all of your existing objects will rotate as well.

Or maybe you can try this.

if GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE = 2 then
   ROT2 -90
endif

FRAGMENT2 1, 0
The first bit does the rotation if it is a schedule.
The FRAGMENT2 forces the 2D script to use the 2D symbol rather than having to script the object properly.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!