I have a recurring problem with an Archicad model I'm trying to export. The 3D model will export to 3Ds Max via .3ds format, but will be completely decimated - with geometry "floating" around and parts disappearing when viewing it in 3Ds Max.
A similar problem can be seen in Archicad in the textures - they are sort of swimming in the geometry when rotating the model, and not displaying the correct textures:
For a long time I thought this was because the model was far from the project origin, but turns out this is not true. Both project and user origin is quite close:
But there seems to be something lying far from origin, that does not appear anywhere even when zooming out, and can not be selected:
I have tried everything I can think of - saving as a new .pln, module file, various export formats and options - nothing is working.
Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
May be you can try to create "Object" of entire Archicad model (keep only those elements which are in need of export to minimize the overall object size) and then insert in to new Archicad project. Later can export to .3ds , but not sure if you can edit the faces individually in 3DS. And all this I am suggesting with the assumption that your default data in Archicad is getting displayed the way you want.
Thanks for the suggestions! In this case I found a solution that suited my needs, since I only need to export the buildings in the model. I deleted all terrain, roads etc and saved as a new .pln. Textures are now displaying correctly in Archicad and exporting correctly to 3Ds Max.
We are looking into it at the office, it may be an issue with ArchiTerra.