Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Object with IES Light

Cool_Blue
Participant

Hi , newbie here.. Does anyone knows how to create a light bulb object with built-in IES on it and can be loaded into projects through libraries.. Normally we could insert objects and lamp separately, But is it possible to create a new object along with IES? I had created one but when transferred to other PC the IES went missing because maybe the destination folder is unlinked.. 

Thank you very much..

5 REPLIES 5
MetalFingerz
Advocate

Hello @Cool_Blue ,

The IES file should simply be loaded in the libraries of that other PC. If the object was working on the first PC and not on the second one, it's most likely an issue with missing libs.

Regarding, your first question, I don't think you could create an object with a built-in .ies file but more experienced GDL developpers might know better. I think you can only embed images from the UI in the objects, not much else.

You could however create an object with a LIGHT source where you could define all the necessary lighting parameters but :

- that would require you to know a bit of GDL

- the object's light will never be as accurate as an actual .ies file

Hi @MetalFingerz 

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate coz it gives me a hint on what is the possible problem.. I forgot to add that I had used  IES Light and on the Light setting its a photometric light which I downloaded from a manufacturers website.. So ones I transferred the Library part into other computer It went missing.. There is a quick fix on it ill copy the IES File and put this on one designated folder.. but my question, is there any way that it could be embedded along the Library part I made?.. 

Thank you very much..

@Cool_Blue wrote:

There is a quick fix on it ill copy the IES File and put this on one designated folder.. but my question, is there any way that it could be embedded along the Library part I made?.. 

It seems you just have to include the IES file in a loaded office library.

Or maybe it can be added to the Embedded Library - I have not tried adding an IES file to the Embedded Library.

From the IES light object ...

BarryKelly_0-1664412968263.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Sir @Barry Kelly ,

Hope everything is well with you.. I Tried to save it into the Library Manager the imported IES, The problem which I'm going through is when I save selection as Object and transfer the Object into other PC the imported IES is missing. It did not save along with the Object.. Is there's any possibility I could do to make it work? 

Cool_Blue_0-1664422159936.png

When the object is transferred into other PC it will define the Archicad default IES bollard round sample..

Thank you very much..

@Cool_Blue wrote:

The problem which I'm going through is when I save selection as Object and transfer the Object into other PC the imported IES is missing. It did not save along with the Object.

No it won't save with the object.

It is a separate file that should be in your loaded library.

So you should have an 'Office' library that you load along with the default Graphisoft library.

This 'Office' library needs to be loaded in any file that uses you light object.

Or if you don't have an 'Office' library, then you will need to import it into the Embedded library of every file that uses you light object.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11