BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Objects disappears

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, i have a very frustrating problem in Archicad 21. When i try to model a wall with a bottom offset (offset: 2000mm Height: 1000mm Story: 4000mm) i get the error message 'As a result... currently unseen story'.

I can see the wall in 3d but not in plan (on any story). I have searched wide and far on google etc.

Hope someone can shed light on this - i know that i am proberbly missing something fundamental. Thanks guys.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
izakwhite:

It could be the Floor Plan Display setting. Try selecting the Wall in 3D, open its settings, check its Home Story, then set Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display = Symbolic Cut. It could also be the Wall's Renovation Status, which is currently invisible in Plan.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David, the renovation filter etc. was good. I changed the display to projected with overhead.

i simply can't understand why the fact that i make a small offset can change where the wall is located! I'm inclined to delete Ac and reinstall!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sounds like the home story of the new wall is below or above the one you are working on currently.

Check to see that home is set to current story.

If you can't see the wall anywhere, your floor plan cut plan might be set up to be very high above the story.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
izakwhite wrote:
Thanks David, the renovation filter etc. was good. I changed the display to projected with overhead.

i simply can't understand why the fact that i make a small offset can change where the wall is located! I'm inclined to delete Ac and reinstall!
Don't reinstall ArchiCAD! If you are using "projected with overhead" then you will need to pay attention to the Floor Plan Cut Plane; using Symbolic ignores the FPCP so is simpler to use.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!