BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Objects not to correct size in Arch 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
When adding kitchen units, cupboards, etc, the objects appear at incorrect sizes. Sometimes they have almost no thickness and usually they are too small. I have to select them and then add the correct dimensions in settings.
This only started a couple of months ago. Before that it was fine
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you please post a few screenshots so we can better understand the exact situation?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problems only appear on objects with 3D. I can import 2D graphic symbols etc with no problems.
DGSketcher
Legend
For anyone to help I think you need to be a bit more specific with which library parts are a problem e.g. standard AC22 library parts and their library part name or possibly a third party source.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies for the delayed response. Have been away.
The problem is with the standard Archicad 22 library objects, most consistently with furniture, kitchen and bathroom fitments etc. What happens is that as soon as I click to fix the object in place, the image becomes squashed, usually in one dimension.
So for example I might get a wardrobe that is full height but only a few millimetres deep. I have attached an example screenshot. The chair has become squashed front to back and the wardrobe from side to side. Most often I find that before I click to release the object, it stretches with the mouse movement, but as soon as I click it reverts to this squashed configuration.
Barry Kelly
What geometry method are you using to place the object?
I am guessing that you are placing and stretching rather than just placing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry
I've not seen this option, being a bit of a novice with Archicad. Where do I find that?
Ian
Barry Kelly
In the info box.
Unlike walls and other elements it does not appear in the tool settings dialogue.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Barry.....I'm being a bit dim here. Which Info box? I can't see anything in the main menu at File/Info etc.
Barry Kelly
This info box.

Mine is vertical - yours may be horizontal along the top of the screen below the tool bars.

If it is not on at all, you can turn it on from the WINDOWS menu > Palettes > Info Box.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!