BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Odd Accordian Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to make glass panel accordion fold doors with 3 and five panels that open all to one side. I can't figure out how to do it without using an even number of panels

any takers?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anything like this?...

Door and Window Builder.
Anonymous
Not applicable
no, I just have the standard 10 & 9 Libraries, and SMart Parts with real doors and windows, no door and window builder, are you saying I have to buy that for a an accordion fold door with an odd number of panels?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kyle wrote:
no, I just have the standard 10 & 9 Libraries, and SMart Parts with real doors and windows, no door and window builder, are you saying I have to buy that for a an accordion fold door with an odd number of panels?
I don't think it is possible with the standard or Smart Parts doors. You could model up what you want with walls and put them in an empty opening or, if you are a little more adventurous, save them as a custom door.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I found a copy of door and window builder on our server, and loaded the library on my machine, So I set up an accordion door with three panels, but the 2d symbol won't display correctly, which means it isn't going to show up in my schedule which is the whole point of doing the door this way.

I keep getting a script error whnever I turn the symbol on

any suggestions

thanks for your help
Door & WIndow Builder.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
That looks like a pretty old version of DWB (2.01), perhaps belongs with AC6 or 7 maybe. There would be compatability issues with AC10. Not even sure if you'd be able to upgrade that, as it was probably pre-Cadimage days, but you could try.
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can do a 3 and 5 segment door opening to one side with smart parts.
Use the RD05 Bifold door
-have "doubld door" set to OFF so all panels are on one side
-choose one of the many door styles or create a custom panel.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I turn double door OFF, sure all the panels will go to one side, but I can only specify a number of sets, so if I type in 3, I get a six panelled door
Smart Part.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
Kyle,
You need to upgrade your smart parts to version 10.
There are a number of problems using smart parts for AC9 in AC10 and this is just one more instance.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear friends,

In relation to the bifold doors (or Accordian doors in US), I am desperately need this type of door. My office has been using this door a lot recently and I have to use the sliding doors (in elevations) and 2D line symbols (in plan) to represent these. And obviously this is frustrating to me. I am using Licensed ArchiCAD version 11, and in Australian version, there is no where that I can find the bifold doors (exterior ones).

Therefore, can anyone in this club sent me the library part .gsm of this door so that I can get over my stress and keep working happily. Many thanks.

My email address is dnaarch@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,

XD Nguyen
Learn and get certified!