Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Offset Stair Beam From Treads

Chris Grantham
Advocate
Does anyone know how to offset a stair beam from the treads? I am using a complex profile for the beam and have tried adjusting the anchor point in the complex profile and anchoring to that, but to no avail.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Make sure you have the flight set to use the profile origin as the anchor point.
Then adjust you complex profile so the origin is above the actual profile by the distance you want.

If that doesn't work then I am not sure there is any other adjustment.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Thanks for the response Barry. I actually got that to work, but it presents a whole new set of problems. Ha!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, those Secondary Supports do not adjust, because they assume the top of the Beam is not offset.
Right now you would probably have to delve into and modify the "Flight Beam 23" GDL Object to handle this issue.

I will forward this to GRAPHISOFT, call their attention to this. Its solution may be as little as modifying that GDL object for this to work correctly. Of course, the Beam offset would have to be a parameter of "Flight Beam 23" and not a workaround achieved by Complex Profiles.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I hope everything is going well for you!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12747). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT