Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Offset railing post from base line?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi, I'm getting closer to some decent railings for our internal favourites list. I was working on a balcony railing yesterday and I want the first (and last) post to have a gap to the wall but the center of the post is placed at the beginning/end of the base line. I can stretch the base line start/end but I suspect there is a way to do this offset directly that I haven't figured out. Anyone? Now I'm on the train enjoying the sunny Gothenburg morning.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Think this has been confirmed to be a bug on a similar post elsewhere on the forum.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Hi, I'm getting closer to some decent railings for our internal favourites list. I was working on a balcony railing yesterday and I want the first (and last) post to have a gap to the wall but the center of the post is placed at the beginning/end of the base line. I can stretch the base line start/end but I suspect there is a way to do this offset directly that I haven't figured out. Anyone? Now I'm on the train enjoying the sunny Gothenburg morning.
/Mats
Found it. It's a nomenclature thing... But...now I can't get a visible vertical line for the toprail corner connection. Looks ugly in elevation... Anyone?
AC 25 SWE Full

Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Think this has been confirmed to be a bug on a similar post elsewhere on the forum.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
Ah, thx!
AC 25 SWE Full