Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Old Archicad file doesn't load correctly in v.22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

We've recieved our case for this semester. It's an "old" model created by a teacher, but when loaded into ARCHICAD 22 (student version) it seems to be missing walls and floors. The teachers have no clue why, can anyone help?

U can get the model here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlgM9QYKrJoGmeNQEgOe7rPYkzFlpQ

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The file is from AC16, however that shouldn't be a problem to open in 22.

It opens fine here (in 22), you need the library from AC13, which suggests this file has been going around for a while, maybe they should update the curriculum a bit
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
The file is from AC16, however that shouldn't be a problem to open in 22.

It opens fine here (in 22), you need the library from AC13, which suggests this file has been going around for a while, maybe they should update the curriculum a bit
So it should be working fine for me? I have circled one of the obvious "flaws". Don't mind the strange color.

How do i get the AC13 library, can't seem to find it (they talk about migration when i search on goolge, and i migrated de model already)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Unless you have the original installation disks (highly unlikely), I would say there is no way to get them at the moment.

Your local reseller might be able to help, but your tutor should really fire up his old archicad and start migrating stuff forward. Or learn to archive files properly (pla format).

The purple checkerboard patterns are the missing texures due to missing library.

The holes etc would most likely be the windows and doors and such that are missing.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hougaard114 wrote:
How do i get the AC13 library, can't seem to find it (they talk about migration when i search on goolge, and i migrated de model already)

In the "ARCHICAD Migration Libraries" folder there are folders for all previous versions from AC13 on.
You should load both the ARCHICAD 22 Library and any needed Migration Library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27