Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

One complex roof instead of two - roof modeling

m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Hello,

I'm curious wether it would be possible to model a roof as seen on picture attached with one complex roof element. As you can see I used two to make this. Any idea how to make it ?

Roof.jpg
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
Karl wrote:
I've just been testing in 14 through 16, David to make sure I wasn't getting confused... and for me I only get a value for "Ridge Length" or "Hips Length" (Valley length etc) for multiplane roofs. For single plane roofs these all schedule as zero.
I think the difference is the automation of quantities. The Single-plane Roofs will deliver these quantities, but the roof edges need to be assigned via the Custom Settings Settings on the Pet Palette.
Yes... the automation. But, man, thanks for pointing out the pet palette 'Edge Type' option! Wow. That helps with a lot of other issues, even with multi-plane roofs! As often as I've used that palette for angle and material, I never noticed the Edge Type much less appreciated what it does for scheduling. Super. Thanks!

I see from this thread that this was introduced in AC 13. Wonder what else I've missed.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=155056

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Karl wrote:
As often as I've used that palette for angle and material, I never noticed the Edge Type much less appreciated what it does for scheduling. Super. Thanks!
This feature has been added to ArchiCAD in version 15 with the introduction of the new Roof method. So it is a rather recent addition.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27