BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Open with current view settings

sknsnw9
Booster

When opening the section views from the plan or details from the section, it will open with current view settings of the floor plan.  Is there a way to change that setting to actually open with the correct setting those sections already have implemented? Or is it best practice to always open them from the View Map? 

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Did they remove the list of Views? 

section_related.jpg

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
runxel
Legend

There can be infinite views from one marker... so which one should open?

If you need a specific one, you should open it from the view map.

You can however link a marker to the first on a layout placed view (of said marker view). This might be something you could use?!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
sknsnw9
Booster

Well, I guess what I'm trying to do is just right click the section on the plan and open it that way instead of scrolling through the view map to find that specific section.  But when I right click, the only option I get is "open with current view setting" which is the floor plan which I do not want.  I rather open it that already has the settings associated with that section.

In Revit, it was simple, just double click on the section and it's done, don't have to change it to the correct settings without scrolling through to find the section in the browser/view map.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

@sknsnw9 wrote:

I rather open it that already has the settings associated with that section.

As runxel said, you may have one view for your section or you may have three views saved with different settings.

Which one should open?

@sknsnw9 wrote:

But when I right click, the only option I get is "open with current view setting" which is the floor plan which I do not want.

Not quite - try this.

Right click on the section.

Choose 'Views from this section' > 'All related views'.

You will get a list and only those related views will be selectable.

BarryKelly_0-1645059652665.png

It is the same list you would see in the navigator, but only the related views can be selected and they will show with darker text.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Did they remove the list of Views? 

section_related.jpg

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
sknsnw9
Booster

Duh, I completely overlooked that "Views from this Section".  I do get the list that's related to that section.

Learned something new that you can use the same section for more than one views.  Thanks Barry and Lingwiser and Runxel

I don't get a list for some reason.

I have to click 'All related views'.

I wonder why?

That was in 25 but I checked in 22 and it is the same for me.

Also checked default template in 25 and still the same.

Might have to do some investigating. 🔍

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

That seems to be a 'recently opened' views list.

If I open a view then it will show in that list.

You can close the view and it will still show in that list.

But they don't show in the list until you have actually opened it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Oh, that's good to know. I was testing it creating a new clone of section and didn't see it pop up in the list until you mentioned about needing to open that section view.

@sknsnw9 wrote:

In Revit, it was simple, just double click on the section and it's done, don't have to change it to the correct settings without scrolling through to find the section in the browser/view map.

Yes because in Revit all you have is Views. Archicad has the Project Map containing Viewpoints and the View Map containing Views (Viewpoints with their settings saved). When you activate a Viewpoint in the Project Map it will continue to use the settings (Scale, Layer Combination, Model View Options, Graphic Override, Renovation Filter, etc.) currently in effect. When you activate a View in the View Map, however, it will use and restore the settings saved with the View. 

This is the source of why they work differently.

I think Revit users did not like the idea that you always have to create a separate View or redefine an existing View to be able to see your project with certain settings, and this is why a few releases ago a new capability was implemented, which enables your to temporarily change the View settings, if I remember correctly. Which, I think, is a functionality that mimics Archicad's Project Map behavior a little bit.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!