Hello, I noticed what I think is a bug or a poorly designed feature with the opening tool. If you put an opening on a slab, and then add another slab on another story as another cut element, then the parent/pin/owner of the hole changes all the time to always be the last edited slab. Even if I manually select and pin the hole to story 1, then just adjust the length of the slab on story 2, the hole changes owner.
This creates an issue for us because in early design stages we hotlink a typical floor up the building (including the slab), via an exported mod-file, and it seems the hole is only transferred to the mod-file if that slab is the owner. This means if we adjust the attic floor's slab, which is a cutting element of the holes, the attic slab is now the owner of the hole, and thus the hole will not be exported to the mod-file, and the holes won't show up on the hotlinked stories.
This also means that if you don't have an infinite height of the hole, it will cut differently all the time because it jumps around to different stories depending on which slab you edited last.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |
It would not surprise me if there is some sort of bug with this tool and hotlinks as that environment must be insanely complex, however the Archicad developers are really smart about what they are doing and it's entirely possible we just haven't devined the mindset of the developers.
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Win 10 - ASUSTeK Zephyrus M GU502GV - 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60 GHz
16.0 GB ram
Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!
I could reproduce the issue on AC23 as well as AC25, thus I'm not quite sure whether this was a design decision or not. If it does, I agree this is not the desired behavior. I will ask our colleagues for some help with the investigation. Once I have further news, I will let you know!
I have confirmation from the development that this is a defect with the Opening's logic. The opening's host element should only change when you explicitly edit the Opening element itself (changing host from the pin), or maybe when splitting the host element into multiple elements (via split command or polygon editing). Thus, we have entered it into our defect database (DEF-6783).
I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for sharing it! Feel free to ask if you have any questions!