Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Overlapping Mesh Cut Lines in Sections Disappear!

mendezarcediego
Booster
When lines of wall/slab edges overlap with mesh cut lines in sections, both lines disappear. Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

This happens when a wall/slab shares an edge with the mesh or when they share edges because of SEO. When I turn on "True Line Weight Display" it is evident that some mesh cut lines are shown at half with. I have tried rearranging the "Display Order of Elements" Turning on/off graphic overrides.
AC26–5002 INT FULL/ Win 11 Pro 22621.1992 / Intel i9-13900KF 24C (8P-16E) 3.00 - 5.80 GHz / 64 GB 5600 MHz DDR5 / Nvidia RTX A4500 20GB, Dual 2560x1440.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the exact same problem. I've tried all the things you did as well and nothing worked so far.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This had been driving me nuts since I started working on Archicad about three years ago. I only today found an answer. The problem comes from the following:
1. In the Material Editor the cut fill for the Earth defaults to being opaque. Change the setting for the background to transparent and all of your line come back.
Lingwisyer
Guru
From a mesh or FILL. I have occasionally used the fill tool to cover voids under slabs in the model where there would be fill. In this situation, the fill background needs to be opaque. In these cases, I have often ended up manually drawing 2D lines... Not really a solution though...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
KingaW
Contributor

Hello,

It's been a few years later, but I am really struggling with this issue now, especially since it used to work in of my previous templates AND in Version 24.

Please see attached screenshots.

In a scenario like this usually we didn't even need to do SEO, just played with the display order.

Now doing SEO makes it even worse.

Could somebody shed some light on why those lines won't show up and what is the logic? They seem to happen randomly, why is the one with the blue arrow there?

The elements are not the same building material, they are on not intersecting layers, either.

I recreated this section in my old template and if I select any elements, the lines similarly are missing, however, the touching element's line shows in full, so it is not noticeable and prints perfectly.

Thank you, as always!

6 elements, no SEO.PNG

6 elements, with SEO.PNG

Detail.PNG

BIM Manager, AC13- , now on AC26/27 USA
Dell i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB
Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA Quadro P2000
Florida
jl_lt
Ace

Wow. hadnt encountered or noticed this until today when i was traying to have some sections with just the outlines of the elements without any fill but mantaining the terrain fill, on AC25.   Frustating doesnt begin to describe this. Is there a solution?

Leon_K
Contributor

Same issue. I have a couple of curtain walls stacked together. But the disappearing overlapping lines make the section totally unreadable.

Leon_K_0-1677616818534.png

Leon_K_1-1677616953778.png

Is there a fix for this? It's obstructing me from producing professional drawings. Thanks.

KB-at-CWA
Booster

I am having this problem now, after I thought I had resolved it. Is there anything from Graphisoft on this issue?

I am on AC25 Mac.

Graphisoft Certified Archicad BIM Manager - AC6 to AC25/AC26 macOS Ventura
Shanelle Reese
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Everyone,

The North America Customer Enablement Team received a client inquiry about this Community Post. We want to explain the steps we took to address the client's concerns and the workflow we implemented to resolve the issue.

General Diagnosis

Firstly, our team systematically eliminated potential issues by replicating the problem and identifying its root cause. Our investigation covered various factors, including Section/Elevation Settings, View Settings, Layers, Pen Settings, and Graphic Overrides. We carefully examined overrides that could impact the display, ensured correct configurations in the designated view, verified visibility and layer combinations, confirmed pen assignments, and examined graphic overrides aligning with the expected display criteria.

Focus on Building Materials

Once we addressed these variables, we investigated the Building Materials used to create the Composite in Archicad. In the client's file, we found that the material of the top part of the wall needed to be set to a different wood material. This change, even if the material is the same but named differently, tricks Archicad into treating it as a different wood. Additionally, we set the intersection priority to a higher number.

Layer Intersection Numbers

Next, we focused on Layer Intersection Groups and observed some inconsistencies. In Archicad, elements belonging to the same Layer Intersection Group connect if drawn correctly. However, setting two elements to intersection group 0 instructs Archicad not to intersect them. Given that every layer is set to Group 1 by default, ensuring both elements in question had the same intersection group number resolved the issue.