BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Override Surface not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on an old project that was started in AC17. It was originally modeled with solid walls instead of composite walls. We are now going through and changing the solid walls to composite walls. The problem is that when we change from solid wall to composite wall, the overriding surface changes. In this case, it changes to the surface attributed to the core building material in the composite.

i.e. I have an insulated 2x4 wall with 1/2" gyp on either side and insulation as the core material. The surface attributed to the insulation building material is the surface that I see in 3D. I have the surface override option on yet it does not change anything.

The renovation status is set to new, I am in the model view we always use, I've tried messing with the priority of the gyp building material and it still hasn't changed. Is this an issue with the graphic override?

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 12.37.35 PM.png
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
KSArchitects:

It might be a Graphic Override, you should have an option for "No Overrides" to check. It could also be caused by the Partial Structure Display being set to not show Finishes if your gypsum board is set as a Finish in the Composite Structures settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
KSArchitects:

...It could also be caused by the Partial Structure Display being set to not show Finishes...

David
Wow, thank you. I have no idea when or how that was changed.
Learn and get certified!