BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

PARAM-O Crash after change amount to 0

I started with Param-O and when I downloaded exempel from Archicad Website with Table.

I started little bit play with code and when I did mistake obviously and click to the 0 = with Deck Width.
Whole Archicad CRASHed.

I understand thats fail from me but how can I learn with it.  When it crash it with wrong number 😕 shouldn't be good get some popup with error message  ?

I'm using Archicad 26 and example was made in Archicad 24

Skärmavbild 2022-11-14 kl. 14.20.04.jpg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
2 REPLIES 2
gavinNZz
Advocate

Given Param-0 is so under developed its no surprise that bugs like this exist. I personally would spend my time learning GDL scripting because Param-0 is going nowhere fast. How can they expect us to build parametric objects but limit us to 3 exposed parameters! Ridiculous! Have a look at Vectorworks Marrionette to see what Param-O could be if they actually valued it. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V6l7zqUG7E 

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
Marc H
Advisor

Hi Vojtech,

I have experienced this with many apps over the years (i.e., bringing in other work product to edit).  As a general rule, therefore, I suggest starting with a blank node screen and building your object from a fresh start.  Not only do you avoid whatever compatibility or code issues there are/were with the original version, you also learn the logic of each step as you build. If its any comfort, I created about a dozen objects in PARAMO last year and they have been just fine in both development and object instances in design files.  One thing I would wish for is a lot more documentation and examples to ease the learning curve for us as architects.  The other is the 3D viewing window could be a bit more fluid.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!