BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PBC - Doors opening - Threashold

alemanda
Advocate
Hi to all!
I'd like to highlight "complaint" about the fact that when you place a door in a wall the PBC system takes into consideration the priority of the wall as if the opening wasn't there.
In other words another element with a buidling material weaker than the wall will be subtracted.
This is very annoying with the floors.
In fact usually the floor slab should have a lower priority of the walls (I model as it is built, so first I have the walls on the structural slab, then I have screed and flooring up to the edges of the walls ...
Unfortunately, according to the current bahaviour of archicad, I have to split the flooring (slabs) in correspondance of the door openings where the flooring slab should have a stronger priority building material in order to not be "removed" by the wall (even though the wall is not there due to the opening).

How do you guys solve that?
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If the bottom of the door touches the top of the slab and the top layer of the slab composite is a finish layer, it will not be cut.

A lot of ifs, but this is how I solve it.

Some door and window objects allow you to 'oversize' the opening, which is handy for doors that sit 20 mm or so above the slab to allow for a sill.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
alemanda
Advocate
WOW! Never knew about it!
You just have to use a slab with a composite structure and set the layers as "finishing" or "other". In this case the PBC intersection is skipped.
It works. THANK YOU!
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Think this was added in ArchiCAD17 or 18. It also works at the top with ceilings and the like. But only with slabs and walls. Roofs/shells don't have automatic connection.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!