BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PET PALETTE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pet Palette disappears and can't seem to get it back. Have went to work environment >dialog boxes and palettes and applied my scheme but it didn't come back. can there be a memory problem that would cause this.
Its not on my machine but on a person who drawns in a different location with me. He did have 5 drawings open when i was looking at his screen remotely.
1 REPLY 1
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The no fuss cure is to do a Preferences Cleaning. Please take note of the implications on Work Environment and Teamwork Data. But if you want to try a few things before doing a preferences cleaning you could:

•Save your project and use the "New & Reset All" command. Go to File/New and then hold the "Alt" key (Windows- "Option" key Mac) and the "New" command transforms to "New & Reset All..." After opening the new blank file return to a project and see if the palette returns.

•Change the Pet Palette behavior. Go to Options/Work Environment/Dialog Boxes and Palettes and toggle the Pet Palette Movement options. By going from choice A to choice B and then back again you can sometimes restore it to the screen.

•Change the resolution of the monitor and drag the pet palette into the center of the screen. This is usually how the palette disappears in the first place. The resolution is set high and the pet palette is moved off to one side and then when the resolution is reduced for a presentation, or the like, the pet palette remembers its last position and goes off screen.

I do understand it would be frustrating though and will put this post to the developers' attention.

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!