Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

PLACE EXTERNAL DRAWING : BLANK SCREEN

Polar Bear
Booster

Hello,

I have tried to place an external drawing.  It is the drawing of a house plan onto a topo site made on dwg.

When it gets onto the independent worksheet, it is blank.  Attached image.  This happens with few of my sites project. 

What am i doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 14.47.48.png
Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Might it be that your topo came with a Survey Point a few kilometres away?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

You need to know the size of the external drawing. If you are importing a PDF, set the scale which you can see in your image to match the scale of the PDF. If it is a DWG then you should be able to bring it into the worksheet without worrying about the scale, but the DWG will have units that you need to match e.g. 1 unit = 1 foot. I'm metric so we usually just have a choice of 1 unit = 1mm or 1m. 

You might get more help if you can better describe the drawing you are trying to import.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thanks

I am trying to import a dwg, site plan.

When i zoom out on autocad, i see only the topography area.  When i import on pln, it comes with a huge huge area.  i need to zoom in a tiny corner to realise the drawing is there.  Therefore, i then need to explode and flush some stuff...

Thanks a lot

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"

Good that you have identified the problem. You might also consider drawings that are a long way from the origin are prone to graphic problems. By the sounds of it you may want to drag the actual drawing closer to 0,0.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Might it be that your topo came with a Survey Point a few kilometres away?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660