BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

PROJECT2{2} and fills

Frank Beister
Advisor
I have a basic question again. The attached object ...
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
4 REPLIES 4
Frank Beister
Advisor
... is a block, cut by a CUTPLANE.

It has no certain fill in the 3D view, but in the 2D view there is a "brick" fill on the section area I don't know, where it's from. See picture below.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Frank Beister
Advisor
A complete thread just for me.

The (simple) explanation:
The surfaces, resulting out of CUTPLANES, inherit the material (and its 3D-fills), set before the CUTPLANE-command by SET MATERIAL. In my demonstration object none was defined, so AC took any fill/material.
gerd
Newcomer
I don't know exactly where it comes from, but when you use a cutplane command, the material used above the cutplane will be used for the resulting surface.

so I attatched a material parameter and a material definition in front of cutplane:
add 0,0,0.8
!                !!! define a new material parameter "matcpl" in parameter list
material matcpl  !!! this material will be used for the resulting surface
CUTPLANE
DEL 1

if matT="Symbol" then material SYMB_MAT else material "mat2D"

ROTX 45
ROTY 45
BLOCK 1,1,1
DEL 2
CUTEND
you will see this effect not only on the 2d-komplete view but also in the 3d view, if the 3d surface fill effect is "on" i 3d window settings.

best regards, gerd
Anonymous
Not applicable
U can see the material's fill with this cose

project2 mode, angle, 16 + type (1, 2 or 3)

project2{2} mode, angle, 16+ type (1,2 or 3), ......

and
project2{2} mode, angle, 48+ type (1,2 or 3), ......

but in the 2D view there is a "brick" fill on the section area I don't know, where it's from

1) U havn't definie a material (code) before cutplane
and ArchiCAD .. assign the first in default system's material

Regards

CU mirco
www.3dsmile.it
Learn and get certified!