BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Parallel Chords 1 Archicad 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am trying to edit an object from the linked library in archicad. I found a way to adjust it by every 4' starting at 8' but I would like a custom length to suit my project is there a way to adjust it to a custom length without it snapping to the 4' increments when I stretch it? I would like to have it 3/4" shy of 12'
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
PBI Rookie:

The interface on my computer is a bit different than yours, but try this: at the top of the Steel Joist Settings panel is the parameter "Type of Steel Joist". Change this from "K" to "Custom", then you should be able to set the length to any value.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
PBI Rookie:

The interface on my computer is a bit different than yours, but try this: at the top of the Steel Joist Settings panel is the parameter "Type of Steel Joist". Change this from "K" to "Custom", then you should be able to set the length to any value.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!