Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Parametric Profile: How to create a foundation wall with an adjustable height brick ledge?

4hotshoes
Advisor
I have been trying his and the brick ledge will not move up and down independent of the rest of the wall. I may not have my offset modifiers correct. The core wall is concrete and the ledge is concrete.

Is there a tutorial that addresses how to set up a parametric profile that works and talks about why something works or does not work? the documentation is vague.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly
It does seem that the hotspots do not work with the new beam tool.
The only associate points for dimensions are the 4 corner extents.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
I just tried again and this time the hotspots are moving when the beam or wall are stretched (modified).
However the dimensions do not associate with the beam hotspots.
They show as associated when placing (round target icon) and when you hover over the dimension node after it is placed, it still highlights the beam as if it is associated.
But the dimension definitely does not stretch when the beam is stretched - it does for the wall.

I have just reported this as a bug.
If others can replicate this and report it also, it may get more attention.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hello All,

Thank you all for posting and sharing this issue with us. Also thank you Barry for reporting this defect through the proper channels. I see it in our database and I boosted its priority up! (It indeed received more attention )

I can't thank you all enough for your tremendous contribution in constantly reporting issue here and back to us! This helps us greatly!

Sincerely,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com