Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Parking Place 15 library part - 2D display discrepancy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

I believe there's a glaring omission with the library part "Parking Place 15", or something that is causing a discrepancy in the way that it displays in 3D vs 2D.

Problem is as follows:

I've setup a 3D document to use as a site plan - this is a view created from the 3D window looking directly down at the site

(as per this post: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=26467&postdays=0&postorder=asc&st.... )

Then I placed the parking lines with numbering turned on. The numbering looks fine in the 2D plan window, but looks different in the 3D window.

This is because there's obviously a 2D and 3D representation of the object, but becuase there are no setting for the 3D text, this means that there is no way to edit the 3D appearance to match the 2D. So now I have to make a work around (i.e turn it off in 3D and re-draw it in the 3D document window as 2D elements)

Or am I missing something here?
14 REPLIES 14
sinceV6
Advocate
I did it just a couple of times... I then decided to keep it as a separate object, and update/upgrade/fix that. It has evolved well to what I need; it may not have what has been added in later updates, but it doesn't brake or change with new releases; and if I need something, I just add it.

Cheers!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
sinceV6 wrote:
The fixes are not that hard, but require a bit of GDL hassle. I don't know if I can post it, as it is a modified version of the original part of the AC library.
I asked the guys at GS about this.
All ArchiCAD default library objects are saved with the "CC BY-ND v3.0" licence, which is a No-distribution licence, meaning that modified copies of these objects may not be distributed. Atteching them to a post here or putting them on BIMComponents.com would be considered distribution.
In case of macro objects the case is slightly different: you can call them and use them in your objects so it is allowed to distribute objects created with the use of GS-created macro objects.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
sinceV6 wrote:
The fixes are not that hard, but require a bit of GDL hassle. I don't know if I can post it, as it is a modified version of the original part of the AC library.
I asked the guys at GS about this.
All ArchiCAD default library objects are saved with the "CC BY-ND v3.0" licence, which is a No-distribution licence, meaning that modified copies of these objects may not be distributed. Atteching them to a post here or putting them on BIMComponents.com would be considered distribution.
In case of macro objects the case is slightly different: you can call them and use them in your objects so it is allowed to distribute objects created with the use of GS-created macro objects.
Did you ask the same guys if they'd mind upgrading the Parking Space object to give us a counter?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, that is another guy.
But I will report it to them as a wish.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
sinceV6
Advocate
Yeah... I remember reading that somewhere a long time ago. While I understand the license, in this case -and others- the "ND" part it's kind of a pity IMHO. Simple fixes as this one help other people carry on with current work, and GS takes some time to fix these simple things.

On the other hand, I can see the chaos if everyone started to modify and post edited versions of the objects in the library. 3 or 4 people working on the same object with different outcomes for different needs... that's 3 or 4 unofficial library parts that started the same, but might end in something entirely different.

In any case, you can see posts around the forum that include the code and changes needed to fix things like these. Is there any real difference? Just my thoughts.

Cheers!