Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.
SOLVED!

Part of slab marked as exterior in EcoDesigner?

kajnorberg
Booster
Hi!

I'm struggling with EcoDesigner. I've made zones that I've connected to thermal zones. The problem I'm having is that parts of the slab between the stories for some reason are marked as exterior. The parts are those that have interior walls below or above, and I can't figure out how to fix this.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Kaj
Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Kaj,

Thank you very much for the question!

It is hard to tell from the screenshot, but I assume that above the interior walls there are zones? If that's the case, when above/below a zone, if there is no zone (in this case the interior walls take the space), EcoDesigner marks it as exterior. But this "exterior part" is negligible for the entire building.

Please let me know if it answers your question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Kaj,

Thank you very much for the question!

It is hard to tell from the screenshot, but I assume that above the interior walls there are zones? If that's the case, when above/below a zone, if there is no zone (in this case the interior walls take the space), EcoDesigner marks it as exterior. But this "exterior part" is negligible for the entire building.

Please let me know if it answers your question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

kajnorberg
Booster
Hi Minh!

Sorry for not replying, just slipped my mind! That was exactly the case, thanks for your answer!

Kaj
Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro