BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Partial Structure Display - GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have for many year created all of our objects i GDL and are self taught.
I try to make them easy to use but also in a detail level so we can use them in other projects like in 3D Studio, Unity and Unreal.

I have in my code a simple way to switch between 'simple' and 'detailed' but when we work with large areas it gets slow when we have to select all the objects to switch between the detail levels by changing a parameter.

So I was thinking, maybe I can use the PSD to handle the detail levels.

Is there a way in GDL to connect the code with the PSD settings, so when i use 'core only' we have a simple object and with 'Entire model' we have a more complex and detailed model?
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Johnzon:

Yes, there is a Global Variable, GLOB_STRUCTURE_DISPLAY, that returns the current Partial Structure Display setting. Another option is to create your own Model View Option variables, which could be set independent of the Partial Structure Display.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, i will give it a try.

Had my signature done now 😉
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mathias:

Good luck, thanks for adding your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!