Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Partial Structure Display not working

Ruben Groot
Contributor

Hi,

I've upgraded a project form AC 24 to AC 25 but somehow the partial structure display is not working anymore. It's showing the Entire Model for each setting. Anyone encountered the same problem or knows how to solve this?

Thanks, Ruben

AC 25/5010, macOS 12.4

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello Ruben,

Checked on Archicad 25 INT 4013 this is not working when changing through this tab.

AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1654596411793.png

Representation still works if you create new 3D view in View Map and change it's drawings settings. 

This is truly a bug.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

View solution in original post

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

This is a known issue, registered as DEF-7764. This happens with certain projects only. As you described, some of them may have a problem when changing the Model View Options, Partial Structure Display, or making the Structural Analytical model visible in 3D view. The model is not updated with the change.

The affected files can be fixed with Open & Repair in the next Update 4 for Archicad 25. Meanwhile, please contact your local support with the affected files, so that they can be repaired using a special developer build. The workaround for this issue is to change these options in 2D, then press F5 to carry the change to 3D window.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution

Hello Ruben,

Checked on Archicad 25 INT 4013 this is not working when changing through this tab.

AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1654596411793.png

Representation still works if you create new 3D view in View Map and change it's drawings settings. 

This is truly a bug.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

This is a known issue, registered as DEF-7764. This happens with certain projects only. As you described, some of them may have a problem when changing the Model View Options, Partial Structure Display, or making the Structural Analytical model visible in 3D view. The model is not updated with the change.

The affected files can be fixed with Open & Repair in the next Update 4 for Archicad 25. Meanwhile, please contact your local support with the affected files, so that they can be repaired using a special developer build. The workaround for this issue is to change these options in 2D, then press F5 to carry the change to 3D window.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks Algimantes! Your workaround works perfectly!

Thanks Minh, workaround will do until the next update!