Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Partition area in plan

Carlos Schwarz
Participant

Hi,

we are trying to list on a schedule the area that partitions occupy in plan but including the area where we have a door and taking into account wall intersections. Any suggestions?

We can't find the right parameter in AC24 or AC25, the closest would be to use "Area (general)" but that excludes the door's area.

We have tried creating our own property and multiplying "end thickness of wall" x "length of reference wall" but it  doesn't take into consideration the wall intersections (it double counts the area in the intersection).

We just found that in AC18 there was a parameter called "Area of wall" that is close to what we need but it seems to be gone? (even if in the description it says that "Wall intersections have no effect on the area value": https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/18/INT/AC18Help/03_2_Views_Virtual_Building/03_2_Views_Virtual_Buildi...)

We'll appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Carlos Schwarz Rodriguez, Architect
Lyall Bills & Young Architects, London
Archicad 24 6004 UKI Full on macOS Big Sur v11.6
iMac 27-inch 2020, i5 3.1Ghz i5, 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
12 REPLIES 12
Vinicius Guedes
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

@Carlos Schwarz, I found that:

By default, my doors are modeled with the sill 100 mm to the home store, and yours are 0 mm.

So, my doors were not being subtracted from the wall's area.

As a workaround, you can model your walls with some distance in the button offset.

Hope this workaround can help you 😊

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 09.47.25.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-23 at 09.47.48.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-23 at 09.52.41.png

Carlos Schwarz
Participant

Hi @Vinicius Guedes ,

thanks for that, yes, it helps a bit. I wouldn't offset the wall by much as it would mean larger quantities for the walls, but as a "dirty" workaround I can use a sill of just 1mm and that is giving me the right area. It's not perfect though as it creates a problem with the floor's surface under the door. 

Thanks for your help anyway

I will add a request for a new parameter to be added in the future (or brought back as it was there in AC18). 

@Laszlo Nagy  How can I add a new feature request? I had seen it in the old forum but can't find it here. Thanks

Carlos Schwarz Rodriguez, Architect
Lyall Bills & Young Architects, London
Archicad 24 6004 UKI Full on macOS Big Sur v11.6
iMac 27-inch 2020, i5 3.1Ghz i5, 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB

@Carlos Schwarz wrote:

@Laszlo Nagy  How can I add a new feature request? I had seen it in the old forum but can't find it here. Thanks

Head to the Wishes Forum and start a new thread there:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/bd-p/ideas

People can LIKE your wish. Currently, this is the way people express their support for a wish.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27