BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pay before you know?????? GRRR

So i tried to beta test this year,  i wasnt the right fit lol.
but im pretty upset that i have to pay to upgrade with out knowing whats upgraded.

I feel archicad should be able to tell us what they have to offer each year before asking me for money.
I want and plan to upgrade but what if it isnt the right fit? and what if i only use one license? 

kinda BS if you ask me.

at least find a way to let the current users know what they are getting into. Im a one man show with extra licenses. if none of the upgrades help me i dont want to upgrade right? but i dont get to know whats in the update until after i pay.. other than i love the program and believe it to be worth the cost this bothers me.
this is the typical scam so why is archicad treating us this way....
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bricklyne,
Bricklyne wrote:
I strongly believe the reason MOST people don't bother upgrading is because for many versions now, they see no need to upgrade, or more pointedly, they see nothing in the new releases that justifies all the cost, effort, disruption and hassle of upgrading.
Basically I said the same thing, but with a positive spin.
At some point they are satisfied with what they get and what they pay for, isn't it?
As already said here: Archicad users are fortunate in this new world of software subscriptions.
Jp1138
Expert
Braza wrote:
As already said here: Archicad users are fortunate in this new world of software subscriptions.
Let´s hope it stays that way for a long time
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
My beef with the latest update was the lack of new features for both standard SSA members and Mac users. As a basic SSA subscriber on a Mac, all I got was Dark Mode... $800 for Dark Mode. PARAM-O didn't work (at that time), and all other significant new features required an additional BIMcloud subscription for $600. If 25 follows suit, it may be worth looking into other software that offers legitimate new features to all subscribers.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
jl_lt
Ace
a little bit drastic i have to say. but please, let us know if you find something better than archicad (in the same price range of course)
jl_lt wrote:
a little bit drastic i have to say. but please, let us know if you find something better than archicad (in the same price range of course)
It was a dramatic statement for effect. Not necessarily a true course of action to take... however, the trend is obvious that new features are geared for large firms and BIMcloud only subscribers.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Jere
Expert
I can't agree with the sentiment at all. While the initial outlay for a perpetual license is high, the yearly subscription cost is quite economical considering it's THE main software I use for producing my architectural work.

Compare the monthly cost of an SSA subscription to, say, Quickbooks Online and the proportions are really evident.

I honestly think it's a good deal.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
jl_lt
Ace
yes, but the main subtheme is the inability to have an upgrade or not, depending on the new features. hence my proposal of an hybrid paying scheme.
Jp1138
Expert
jl_lt wrote:
yes, but the main subtheme is the inability to have an upgrade or not, depending on the new features. hence my proposal of an hybrid paying scheme.
But that is not true. You can upgrade anytime you want, just it would be more expensive than being on the SSA. For example:

https://simbim.es/es/graphisoft/61-186-archicad-actualizacion.html#/45-maintenance-anadir_archiclub_...

Depending on the number of versions you are behind, it would have different prices...
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Learn and get certified!