Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Personal drawing title (layout)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is it possible to create my own personal drawing titles?
I just want a drawing title shown on the right site of this picture. I always have to change it manually. It's not possible to change it in the drawing selection settings.

thanks for the help.

Charlotte
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Hoi Charlotte,

We never use the titles and just use text instead in the views.

You can insert autotext for Drawing ID, Drawing Name, Drawing Scale etc etc

Might not be what you are looking for, but we got annoyed by the drawing title limitations as well and this workaround works well for our layouts. Maybe it works for you
drawing_title_autotext.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Have you looked at the drawing title options? I have a selection included with AC19 that includes "Linear Drawing Title 19" which looks exactly like the one on the right.

The standard titles are quite flexible.

At an advanced level you can create your own but I have never found a need so I can't help you with it. I'm guessing it would require a knowledge of GDL...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx for the suggestions!
GDL-knowledge is to difficult for me.
But I alsof have a lineair title, I'll try that one
Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't have to know GDL. Set up text and lines etc. the way you want to see it (in a 1:1 view might be best), using Autotext for Drawing Name, number, scale, whatever you need. Select the elements and go to File> Libraries and Objects> Save Selection As> Drawing Title, and you have your very own title for use at any time.
DGSketcher
Legend
That's a bit simpler than the label tool ! Thank you Stuart.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
That to me looks like the best solution Stuart.
Just one problem, where to find autotext ?
THX!!
DGSketcher
Legend
Click to create your text object. When the text window opens the second button from the left in the menu bar has an "A" with a couple of "rotating" arrows, click that and select your required autotext.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Or to put it into picture.
autotext.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5