Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Photorendering setting toolbar

Tom Krowka
Booster
Hey....for some reason photorendering settings dialogue box won't show up. Was working fine until yesterday. For some reason.....no show. Have minimized AC, thinking it might be behind the window....no go. Have rebooted thinking it's the video card memory Did not help. Every thing else seems to be fine. Any ideas?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the question!

I'm wondering when you open the palette, does it freeze Archicad, or it just does not appear anywhere? If the later is the case, I'm afraid that the dialog has been pushed off the screen by accident. Are you having multiple display setup?

I would like to suggest trying the following things:

(your account on Windows needs to be Administrator type, and ARCHICAD need to be closed before taking these steps)

- Go to C:\Users\[your account name]\AppData\Roaming\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD XXXX\ then delete the file ARCHICAD Basic.prf

If it doesn't work, then:

- Open Registry Editor by right-clicking on Start button, select Run. Type regedit then press OK.
- Go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD\ARCHICAD XXXX\Dialog Manager Custom Data, then delete the file RenderingSettingsPaletteRect

(XXXX is the version of ARCHICAD on your computer)

Sometimes a computer restart may help with the issue!

Let me know how it goes for you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try Menu > Windows > Palettes > Photo Rendering Settings?
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes. When I select it I get the hourglass symbol bot no dialogue box.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange... Perhaps updating your graphics card drivers...
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the question!

I'm wondering when you open the palette, does it freeze Archicad, or it just does not appear anywhere? If the later is the case, I'm afraid that the dialog has been pushed off the screen by accident. Are you having multiple display setup?

I would like to suggest trying the following things:

(your account on Windows needs to be Administrator type, and ARCHICAD need to be closed before taking these steps)

- Go to C:\Users\[your account name]\AppData\Roaming\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD XXXX\ then delete the file ARCHICAD Basic.prf

If it doesn't work, then:

- Open Registry Editor by right-clicking on Start button, select Run. Type regedit then press OK.
- Go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD\ARCHICAD XXXX\Dialog Manager Custom Data, then delete the file RenderingSettingsPaletteRect

(XXXX is the version of ARCHICAD on your computer)

Sometimes a computer restart may help with the issue!

Let me know how it goes for you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks for the prompt reply. Dialogue box simply doesn't appear. Am using two displays, but occurs when using only laptop. Rebooting computer did work once, then had problem again. Seems to work fine on multiple display.
Will keep your solutions on hand in case it happens again.

Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
runxel
Legend
There is actually another way: editing the workspace xml.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Tom Krowka
Booster
Go to work environment solution is the way to go. Thanks for the tip
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com