BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Place windows so that they align with interior wall surface?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to place windows that open outwards and that are anchored to the interior surface of the wall. At the moment they only seem to anchor to the side of the wall that you declare as the exterior which means that I need to manually offset the revel to make them align with the interior.

Is it possible to set the interior face of the wall as the revel anchor point?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Dontknow
Enthusiast
You mean like my window in the wall on the right, placed on the inside of the wall?

You can place it directly on the inside of the wall:

or set the reveal of the window.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im guessing you mean using the little sun symbol to choose which side of the wall? But if I do this then it means my window is facing the wrong way and the sun shade will be placed inside the building!

Is there a way to align the window reveal to the interior surface so that the window orientates correctly to the outside and so that I dont need to manually enter an off set measurement for the reveal??

I just want the window to align automatically to the interior surface and face outwards. In France this is how most windows are installed.
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Ah, I see.
When you're using sun shades I think the only way is to work with reveal.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Learn and get certified!