Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Placing external drawing on layout not showing / importing archicad libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable
I added in some jpegs straight onto the layout sheets in an archicad 21 file by using file-> external content -> place external drawing.

A colleague of mine is working on the same project as me (not using teamwork). When she opens the file, she can see the titles of the drawings on the layouts, but can't see the image.

The images are stored in a folder on a server that is shared by both of us.

Do I need to get her to import something when she opens that file in archicad to allow her to see the images? Or is there an easier way I could have done that?

Also...there are external libraries that have been used. When I first opened the file - I imported them into the archicad file. When my colleague uses the file - she then has to import them, which overrides my imports - so when I use the file again I have to re-import the libraries every time I use it.

Is there a way around this? Or is that just how archicad works?

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I figured it out - I opened up the drawing manager, and saw that the drawings were missing - so was able to re-link them from the drawing manager.

Still not too sure about importing libraries though - but starting to think that its just a snag of archicad.
Lingwisyer
Guru
I'm assuming these external libraries are also stored on a network drive? Are your network drives mapped the same on both machines? eg. Both are mapped to "D:\..."

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660