Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Placing toolbar questions

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. When bringing in a new tool bar is there an option for it to come in some other place than the default upper left hand corner of the tool bar area? Can I have it open as a box in the main display area for instance?

2. In v21 I am trying to place a horizontal toolbar along the bottom. Archicad takes my horizontal toolbar and makes it vertical with no way to correct. Bug?

3. Once tool bars are in place is there any way to pin them or remember their location? I typically work stretching archicad across two monitors. If the maximize display button is ever hit then tool bars are displaced by the program willy nilly.

4. Is there a way in setting up a custom work environment profile that "remembers" my minimized and stretched over 2 screen profile?
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
This actually a thing:
Graphisoft never bothered to make a decent UI, so you have to use hacks like stretching over two monitors. (Photoshop is a brilliant example on how you do it correctly)
The only one who could prevent "willy nillying" is GS.
2. In v21 I am trying to place a horizontal toolbar along the bottom. Archicad takes my horizontal toolbar and makes it vertical with no way to correct. Bug?
You can't resize the toolbar and by this making it horizontal? That's weird.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Silly me just figured out if I select a palette from the menubar it appears in a box in the field. Very old horse learning a very old trick. Gee
Stress Co_
Advisor
Cary wrote:
3. Once tool bars are in place is there any way to pin them or remember their location? I typically work stretching archicad across two monitors. If the maximize display button is ever hit then tool bars are displaced by the program willy nilly.

4. Is there a way in setting up a custom work environment profile that "remembers" my minimized and stretched over 2 screen profile?
Store or Redefine the "Workspace Schemes" in Work Environment.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
cool!!!! thanks Marc