BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Please help ;) Objects inquiry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there all,

Can someone please give me a brief heads up on options with regards to objects, specifically furnishing elements. Im an Interior Design Student and I really need to insert exact pieces that Im sourcing. How do create or find specific objects? Do manufactures provide any CAD files or am I supposed to be creating them? Would love any help ASAP as really need to finish an assignment and do not want to go back to manual drafting lol. Please help!!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends what you want. You can use the search option in the object tool to find things on the BIM Components Portal, or try a website such as www.archibaseplanet.com which has all sorts of stuff - some good, some not so good. There are old threads in the forum or on Archicadwiki with other object site links too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh thanks very much for that any website recommendations are great. What if I want a specific table or piece? Is it possible to turn an image into a usable cad file? What do designers do when they have to show true representation of the pieces they are using but cant find a similar looking object?

Thanks very much
Mel
Learn and get certified!