Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Plint for a house in a slope

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

during the holidays I'd like to upgrade my ArchiCAD 17 skills and edit the company template to a higher level. So I started a small project that has a couple of difficult points in it.

As the title suggests I'm trying to build a (split level) model in a slope and I want the plinth to (more or less) follow to contours of the slope. I've tried lot's of different options but I can't find a solution that fits. Could you guys please help me.

in the attachment you'll find a camera view non rendered. The idea is to have split level on the right (higher) and the ground floor on the left (lower part). So i've already made a custom profile, starting from a composite, and placed them around every slab. This custom profile is made out of a concrete plinth on the outside. Now I want this plinth to follow the terrain more or less. What i've tried so far:
- place the custom profile gradually, this worked but I want the plinth to be smooth
- i've tried converting the custom profiles to morphs and then "pull up" the concrete plinth, this looked very awkward in plan (because the insulation came up to, in order to stop this I tried the next option)
- same thing as the previous only now I drew the plinth, looked less awkward in plan but now the composite, which I had morphed, lost all of its material fills...
- left the situation as you see in the attachment and only drew the plinth (not converting the whole composite, only the plinth, in order to subtract this morph. Hereby I also lost the correct fill and I wasn't able to subtract...

maybe I'm just using the wrong angle but can someone assist on how to do this?

Thanks a lot!
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
One option is to have 2 basic custom profiles, one for the lower condition and one for higher up. The angle can be defined with a Morph and subtracted from the wall.
Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 11.06.02 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Don't forget to match Materials and Hide Edge
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Eduardo,

thanks for the help! I used your method and it worked! Need to look in the morph tool a bit more to.

I have another question which has been bothering me eversince I've been using archiCad. If you take this example, with split levels. The walls in the right part of the model are linked to the ground floor and the roof edge. The walls on the left start at 1,5m from the ground floor and are linked to the roof. They start at 1,5m because I have a different type of composite going from the ground level to 1,5m. As a result of this, the walls don't match in plan view... I can't really make the walls in the right part going from the ground level to 1,5m and from 1,5m to the roof because I have a window there (on the right). How do fix this?

I've put the plan views and the result of my first question in attachment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nevermind, I fixed it by putting them in a different layer with a different layernumber.
Eduardo Rolon
Glad you were able to figure it out. I kept trying to upload a couple of extra images to clarify the point but the site is slow in uploading them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator