Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Poor drawing graphics in version 26

BoNgO
Booster

The display of drawings has become much worse compared to version 25.

Attached are comparative screenshots of versions 25 and 26 in different versions of line widths.

The line thicknesses in version 26 are coarser, blurrier and thicker. In version 25, the graphics are crisper and neater.

25-3.jpg26-3.jpg25-1.jpg26-1.jpg25-2.jpg26-2.jpg
17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly

It is recommended to turn on 2D anti-aliasing in 26.

It should look cleaner and crisper.

Personally I prefer to leave it of so I can see 'jaggies' on lines and walls that are not perfectly vertical or horizontal.

I also don't have a high resolution monitor, so I don't see a lot of difference if it is on or off except for the 'jaggies'.

Also are you scaling the display in you Operating System settings?

I believe scaling your display can cause issues in 26 as well.

I'm not sure of hand if this was addresses in the latest update (4019) or if that is coming in a future update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I can't tell you how many times even a one-jag line has called out an 89.93 or so angled line or linear edge. I've come to rely on the jaggies.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Botonis
Advisor

This is related to the change of the graphics engine made in version 26 which according to what we see it is not performing as expected. It is not clear yet for the developers if this is considered a bug or not......You can change your registry and use the legacy option which performs exactly like the version 25. This is another clew that your pc is ok..... 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Good afternoon. Thank you for your reply! Could you please tell me what it means to "change the registry" (to work in version 26 as in version 25) and how to do?

Tried different modes of combination of parameters: monitor (4K 27'), line thickness display settings, with anti-aliasing enabled in 2D.
1. When scaling the font size 175% and enabled anti-aliasing in 2D - displaying graphics as close to version 25 as possible, (more accurate and familiar in my opinion) but the blurriness in version 26 is more.
2. When scaling font size 200% and smoothing in 2D is turned on - displaying graphics becomes much thicker and clearly blurry with the blur effect compared to version 25 where everything is unchanged and looks neat.

01. 25 175%.png02. 25 200%.png01. 26 175%.png02. 26 200%.png

The same more than once wrote to the support service about the problem of lack of clear referencing in the drawings and in 3d elements after the value 0.1. In this (in my opinion errors of construction) is not a necessary feature and practical necessity when working with drawings or 3d elements are glitches and inaccurate design, flying into infinity elements of the drawing to infinity in particular when using the command "Base (Ctrl + -)". And the appearance of parasitic values in the dimensions.

Check this post.

The registry fix is mentioned there.

If you are not experienced with altering registry better wait for the update. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

@BoNgO , There is nothing wrong in that video.

You are moving the cursor but the working units in your tracker are set to show only 0.1 millimetre increments (or similar).

So as you move up to 0.05mm the tracker says 0.0.

From a movement of 0.06 to 0.15, the tracker will show 0.1

It is simply rounding the tracker value shown to your working drawing units you have set up.

If you actually type in the distance you want (to any decimal precision), it will move/draw by that exact amount.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Have you tried with 100% scaling?

Then I am sure you will say the size everything in Archicad is too small.

Which it will be because you have a high resolution monitor.

So change the display resolution to 1920 x 1080.

I have no idea if this will work - it might be the same a s hi-resolution with 200% scaling.

You are effectively using 2 pixels to display what should be 1 pixel wide at 1092x1080

That is probably why it looks thicker and not so clear.

At a scaling of 175% you are trying to display 1.75 pixels for every one in Archicad.

Obviously the display can not really do this so rounds up/down to a whole pixel.

The display engine in 26 is different to that of 25, which is why you see a difference between the two.

Even on a standard resolution monitor I have noticed a difference, especially when 25 & 26 are viewed side by side on 2 monitors.

But when viewed on its own I think it will be something we get used to.

At least I hope so.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27