BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Possible bug in 3D curtain wall editing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody, I was working on a curtain wall in the 3D editing mode. All the sudden AC12 froze and I could not do anything, could not finish editing the elements I was working on, and I could not even move around in the 3D view or exit the editing mode. I had to force-quit AC altogether!

I've tried to start it over again, trying to edit the same curtain wall, but AC gets stuck in exactly the same way: it loads the 3D editing windows from exactly the same view point as when it got stuck, it gets stuck again, and I have to force-quit it.

I also tried to create another CW in a different location, but when I try and edit it in the 3D editing mode, I'm back to the same view point over again...

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Enrico
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically, at the moment the 3D window works only in the axonometry mode: when I try to switch to perspective, AC shows a random 3D perspective, and I cannot use any view command!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Enrico wrote:
Basically, at the moment the 3D window works only in the axonometry mode: when I try to switch to perspective, AC shows a random 3D perspective, and I cannot use any view command!
What happens if you issue the Fit in Window command in 3D Perspective?
What happens if you go to View\3D View Mode\3D Window Settings? Can you set the desired perspective there?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The answer is: nothing, nothing, and nothing... I could not even fit the 3D window to screen.

I tried to open up another project, an it was fine. Then I got back to the first one, and AC got stuck again in the 3D window. I had to restart from my morning backup (a very healthy practice mindwise!) and lost about 3 hours of work...
Learn and get certified!