Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Power Sockets and Light Switches

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i seem to be having some trouble finding an elements that i can use as a power socket and as a light switch. I've seen the ones in "2D" but they are only usable in plan view and i need to make some renders. I usually do my renders in Artlantis so it's not like i know how to model them.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Erich
Contributor
Try these Electrigon
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
vistasp
Advisor
If the symbols in plan are not required, try this modular Switchplate Object.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Picking up AC for the first time in 10 years, so apologies if I'm missing something obvious! Is there no intelligent object for sockets and switches? I can't find it within the standard library, but it seems like a glaring omission...

On the residential work we do, we use interior elevations (and now Visualisation with TM) where we'd like to locate sockets and switches, while also having them show as electrical symbols in plan. I realised that light objects can be changed to show as symbols in plan, and we can set up the MVO to show them on RCP's; but I can't find anything for sockets and switches? Would also be really helpful if there was a way to link switches to lights, for production of simple electrical plans...

Thanks for any help
Nader Belal
Mentor
@SiRo_Arch

Adding my two cents, and the most impressive is that there is no minimal number of standard parameters for electric current circuits.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
SiRo_Arch wrote:
On the residential work we do, we use interior elevations (and now Visualisation with TM) where we'd like to locate sockets and switches, while also having them show as electrical symbols in plan. I realised that light objects can be changed to show as symbols in plan, and we can set up the MVO to show them on RCP's; but I can't find anything for sockets and switches? Would also be really helpful if there was a way to link switches to lights, for production of simple electrical plans...
Take a look at the CI Tools Electrical add-on – it should do everything you're looking for.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Brad Elliott
Booster
SiRo- Where are you? Switch US 22 Under custom settings 3D Detail Level change it from off to Detailed. It will update the number of switches in plan to match in 3d. You can also change the switch type between Toggle, rocker and button. Same thing for outlets.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the explanations, I'm planning the work I'll have to do (or have done, that is) for the one of these houses in Greece I want to get for the holidays, and I couldn't find how to deal with power sockets... I'm alright now, it all works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yunker45 wrote:
...I'm planning the work I'll have to do for the one of these houses in Greece ...
Try this smart object for European sockets and switches "Electroblock 1.6"
Ralph wrote:
Take a look at the CI Tools Electrical add-on – it should do everything you're looking for.
Sadly, the one very simple thing it doesn't do is let you change the text for switches. (Maybe receptacles, too.) For example, we need the ability to change the text label "D" (or whatever it is) in a switch to VS (for Vacancy Sensor) or a "3" or "4" (for 3-way or 4-way switch) I sent a support ticket on this and was simply told "it's not possible." I downgraded my subscription as a result, and CI lost hundreds of dollars annually. Too bad, as it would likely take someone like you about 20 minutes to fix, if that.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10