Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Power Sockets and Light Switches

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i seem to be having some trouble finding an elements that i can use as a power socket and as a light switch. I've seen the ones in "2D" but they are only usable in plan view and i need to make some renders. I usually do my renders in Artlantis so it's not like i know how to model them.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Lingwisyer
Guru
Richard wrote:
Too bad, as it would likely take someone like you about 20 minutes to fix, if that.

Maybe who ever scripted it did not follow any standards / annotate anything and has since left the company, so no one has been able to figure out how it was done...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Richard wrote:
Sadly, the one very simple thing it doesn't do is let you change the text for switches. (Maybe receptacles, too.) For example, we need the ability to change the text label "D" (or whatever it is) in a switch to VS (for Vacancy Sensor) or a "3" or "4" (for 3-way or 4-way switch) I sent a support ticket on this and was simply told "it's not possible." I downgraded my subscription as a result, and CI lost hundreds of dollars annually. Too bad, as it would likely take someone like you about 20 minutes to fix, if that.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the problem, but the labelling options are quite extensive and should easily solve that - take a look under the label panel in the object settings:
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ralph,
That is exactly the issue and how I would have expected it to work. However, this did not work with the U.S. switches (the label was apparently hard-coded), and tech support merely confirmed that there was no way to get it to work. I didn't even get a "oh, this is a bug, we'll get it fixed." You should be able to find the issue & response in your past support logs. All of my closed support tickets have evaporated off of the CI website, so I can't help with this.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Richard wrote:
Ralph,
That is exactly the issue and how I would have expected it to work. However, this did not work with the U.S. switches (the label was apparently hard-coded), and tech support merely confirmed that there was no way to get it to work. I didn't even get a "oh, this is a bug, we'll get it fixed." You should be able to find the issue & response in your past support logs. All of my closed support tickets have evaporated off of the CI website, so I can't help with this.
The localised objects all use the same underlying scripts for the UI - they just vary in how they render the 2D/3D representation to suit each country. Therefore the labelling is exactly the same for all countries (a snapshot of the US version is attached).

I'm disappointed to hear about the support response. If you could PM details of roughly when this occurred I'll see if I can follow up with the support team to discover how/why that happened. They should have been able to point out that it works exactly as you expected - we don't have hard-coded labels for electrical components.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Frank Harper
Booster

The German Subscription Service ArchicaRd offers smart gdl sockets and light switches to add into the library. acb.JPG

AC 4.55 -
qingdom
Enthusiast

So we are basically almost 2023 and still can't find a basic outlet/socket in the standard library for AC26?

AC27 INT | WIN10

Sadly, I have to agree... These are very basic objects to include: power sockets (1 gang / 2 gang / 3 gang), IT sockets, light switch (single, double, triple)... So basically the electrical drawings can only be done in 2D.