Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Preview picture GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Please, i would like to personalize the previwe picture of my .gsm objets. I'd already copy and past my image in the previwe window but nothing is happening . is there some type or specific size of images ?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I use a screen capture for the copy and then paste that in.

Copy and paste from within Archicad doesn't work as it doesn't create an image that can be placed.
It just copies the elements that can be pasted elsewhere in Archicad - not an image.

There used to be a registry switch (Windows) that would copy as an image as well but I think that may have stopped working.
Not sure as I just screen capture.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ataf DJEFNI:

I usually create a small (200x200 pixel) photo rendering of the object from the object's 3D View, then copy & paste that into the Preview Picture. The image size could be larger.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer, 'im gonna try it .
Okay for the signature in my profile.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ataf:

The method is described here in the help files: Preview Picture.

Thanks for adding the signature, you should also add your ArchiCAD version.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14