BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Problem launching Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a archiCad student version 9. I could not launch the program now. There is a graphicsoft bug reporter come out everytime i launch the program.

Does the student version has an expired date that I could not use it anymore after that? I tried to launch my file with the professional version but still it could not be opened. The file is in .pne format.

Please help!
5 REPLIES 5
Probably something messed up the program preferences - it hapens rarely an is file/last activity specific -...(hapens also on commercial version)

Solution:
You did not say what is the paltform You use - I am usin a PC so I can dirct You to PC solution:

Go to "DRIVE":\Documents and Settings\"USER NAME"\Application Data\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9.0.0 INT R1

and delete or rename file "ArchiCAD 9 Basic.prf" (If renaming rename the extesion - the part after ".")

On next start Archicad will rebuild the preferences.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I renamed it but still it wasn't working. so i deleted the file and tried again. It's still not working. Please advise!
Check if the folder name is ok - I use the commercial version... so the folder for the EDU - might be different...
Search for all files with the name I gave You... - You may delete all of them..

Hope it helps,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I searched the file name and deleted it. but my archicad is still not working!!! Please help!

How can I change the format from .pne to .pln? So that I can open it with comercial version?
Have you tried to uninstall and install it again? (at first just reinstall/repair - in not helping - uninstall and install again)

There is not coneversion utility to make edu file into a commercial one.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Learn and get certified!