BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Composite structures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am new to ArchiCAD and could use some help. If I have a Composite structure consisting of, let's say 100 mm insulation + 200 mm concrete + 100 mm insulation, is there a way I can create a 3D-view for export that shows only the insulation skins and not the concrete?

I have accomplised the reverse, by setting the insulation skins to "Finish" or "Other", and the concrete to "Core", and then chosen "Without finishes" or "Core only" in the view.

Is there some other way to accomplish this, with say filtering the view by material or something similar?

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If it is just for presentation work (not IFC model export, exchanging BIM info), you could make the concrete surface material 100% transparant and it won't show up in renders.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
If it is just for presentation work (not IFC model export, exchanging BIM info), you could make the concrete surface material 100% transparant and it won't show up in renders.
Thanks for answering!

Unfortunately it IS for IFC/NWC model export!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem. I modeled the construction separate from the finish. This way I could easily export an ifc without the construction. Not the most efficient way, but until there is no other solution within ArchiCAD...
Luckily my project wasn't that complicated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
I had the same problem. I modeled the construction separate from the finish. This way I could easily export an ifc without the construction. Not the most efficient way, but until there is no other solution within ArchiCAD...
Luckily my project wasn't that complicated.
That seems a bit tedious as this project is roughly 16,000 sqm. Hoping there's some other way.. anyone?
Learn and get certified!