BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Goodies Wall Accessories

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was trying to use Wall Accessories to model wall framing. I closely followed the tutorial:

1) Select the needed walls; 2) Design -> Design Extras -> Accessories -> Wall Accessories; 3) Choose Wall Framing 24; 4) Set parameters; 5) Click OK; 6) Click on the floor plan.
But no matter how I tried, nothing happened after I clicked OK and click on the floor plan. There was no error message, and the wall framing never showed up in any view or drawing. Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

I have encountered this problem once. It happened with a corrupted wall, where the Wall Accessories tool failed to create the frames. Unfortunately, Goodies are based on legacy code which GRAPHISOFT does not support anymore. You can use them but please be advised that they might not function properly and they will not be fixed or upgraded.

I'm wondering if the issue can be created with a brand new template file? Also, which Archicad version are you using?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. Yes, as you said, it sometimes doesn't work properly. Indeed it causes pretty many problems. When I moved the wall, the invisible framing showed up. And there were several stacking with each other as I tried placing it multiple times. Additionally, for some reasons, I couldn't select it inside a wall using TAB. It couldn't work well with corner windows as well -- the headers and jacks were wrongly placed. Too many flaws, which is a pity as this could've been a super handy tool. I gave it up and hand-drew the framing in Details. I might look for some third-party add-ons if there's any. Thanks for answering.
Learn and get certified!