Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Morph intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
With objects created using tools beside the morph tool, the way they intersect corresponds to their building material's intersection priority, but somehow I'm experiencing a problem with a chimney I created using the morph tool.

The building material for the morph is Stainless Steel, which has an intersection priority higher than that of the roof's materiel ( 900 to 300 )... but when I hide the layer the chimney is on or filter elements in 3D, there's no hole in the roof. Do I have to manually perform Solid Element Operations? I can't seem to find out what's wrong.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
See Attachment.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
With morph it does not automatically intersect with elements. You need to use the Connect > Merge Elements from the context menu for the intersection priority to take affect with Morph.

Basic Intersection Principles
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow, this is embarrassing, I thought I learned all the basics by now... thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
With morph it does not automatically intersect with elements. You need to use the Connect > Merge Elements from the context menu for the intersection priority to take affect with Morph.

Basic Intersection Principles
Good to know as well.
Thanks a lot