BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with roof fascia

rgarand
Booster
Hello all,

I am having a problem with my roof fascia and how it appears in the elevation view. I have created my roof with the roof tool and I have added a soffit with my wall tool. I have given the same materials to the appropriate faces of each object so they will blend in elev. My problem is that about 1/3 of the way from the left hand side of the dormer, the bottom part of the fascia is not showing. The part I can not understand is why I see my fascia the 2/3 on the right part of the dormer. Very weird. I have attached an image of the problem. Any help would be appreciated...or any quick fixes for this type of problem.

TIA

fascia-prob1.gif
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I realize this post is very old, but I like rummaging through ArchiCAD Talk at night to learn new things or to post questions.
One thing that I have found works most of the time when two objects occupy the same space is to select one of the elements and then right mouse click, go to Display Order and move to back or front (depending on which element you want where). You do this operation in the elevation windows where they appear. I'd say this clears up the problem for me about 99% of the time.

On to more rummaging!
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
In S/E don’t you find that the display order is reset after a rebuild?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are Absolutely correct!
I think that it only works on non-3d data.

Thanks fo the correction, Geoff!
Learn and get certified!