BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problems editing stairs and rails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon modifying the stair rail my stairs exploded. please explain... please refer the attached image.

how does one move the end post back 100mm and have the bottom rail move to the same location?

When offsetting the rail to the outside of the stair side the rail connection is not very smooth.

and why are there 32,000 permutations for the way stairs are represented in plan.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
This was another interesting development.

why archicad, why?

Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Do you try to modify the railing or stair using the API?

If not, then I think this topic is not in a good place. This part of the forum is named "Developer Forum", so we should discuss topics related to ARCHICAD API development here.
Karl Ottenstein
xander28,

I have moved this topic to "Working in ArchiCAD", as it is very unlikely that you are using the API. As Tibor notes, the Developer forum is only for programmers working with the API.

I have also changed your subject line and removed your poll. Please do not include things like today's date in the subject, or include needless polls rather than just asking a question. Your post is more of a rant / complaint than anything people can help you with. If you want help, please state exactly what you were doing and how and what you want to accomplish and somebody might be able to respond.

Finally, please do not use

codes etc. Just enter text, or use the forum's 'bbcode' tags. HTML code is not recognized here.

Thank you.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!