BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problems ganging windows and other settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now we are in v16 of this program I have never been able gang windows without problems

It seems like they are adding more details and more parameters as time goes on but have never really got this under control.

I am still having to draw white lines and put fills on elevations over adjacent windows/doors where they never clean up or align right.

In my opinion the window/door tool are just to complicated with to many options and parameter many of which can be set wrong creating problems like the trim being reversed into the window opening.

It think they should simplify this whole area of the program and get these things to work right before adding all the details/options
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
By ganging windows, you mean having multiple windows directly set to one another? This is easily done with the MU window.
window.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW, the preview of my attachment is not what my attachment actually looks like.... very strange...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont think you can use the MU to put a window next to a door for example

I dont even think you can do what you have drawn in your sketch a trap. next to a rectangular one
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
BTW, the preview of my attachment is not what my attachment actually looks like.... very strange...
The preview is not my image! Click on my attachment...
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Mo wrote:
Now we are in v16 of this program I have never been able gang windows without problems
You might want to try using the Modular Joinery object. You may be able to construct the specific window unit in a single object rather than ganging together many separate objects. The object has now been made available on BIMComponents to subscribers.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!