Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problems with composites inside object

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK. So I have a hotel project going on, working in AC20.
Most rooms in my hotel are the same. So I decided to make a room with parition composited walls and objects, and save it as an object which I could place in my hotel building. In this way, I could edit the single room object, and all the rooms would change automatically.

However, I'm running into problems with fills in composites acting strange - rotating and scaling as they please. Also, section of composite walls within object doesn't show composite layers.

Is there a switch to turn this on, or is ArchcCAD incapable of showing right fills and composite structure in sections.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the section problem.
problem.hotel.section.png
Barry Kelly
You don't want to save it as an object unless you want to start editing the automated script.

You want to save it as a module.
Then you can edit the module (in a separate Archicad) and update at any time.
Everything will remain exactly as they are - i.e. still walls, slabs, objects, etc., - but just as part of a module.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, saving and placing modules works fine. Thanks!

However, now I am experiencing new problems. When I open the *.mod file, I am missing all the library objects that are saved into a module. I can see the "missing dots". however, when I place the module in my PLN, the objects are there. Is this normal behaviour? Do I have to load the library manually for each mod, or is there a switch to include the library objects?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
A 'trick' I use to have the proper libraries loaded, is to open the project in a 2nd session (read only), close the project (leave archicad running). If you edit the module, it will open in that session of archicad, with the correct libraries.

There are several ways to have the module 'in the project', as it were. These require you to have module 'work spaces'. This can be modelling them to the side somewhere, on separate stories, etc.

Or you can break the module, edit it, and save it again.

It is all a bit up to personal preference and what works for the project.

A recent hotel project I did, I used separate stories for the different modules so I could just publish the whole story as the module. This meant everything was in one file and I could work more quickly. It does require filtering out those stories for 3D presentation and quantity take off.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5